Brazilian COVID-19 variant in N10
Public Health England recently found a case of the variant of the virus, first identified in Brazil, in the N10 postcode of Haringey, with connections to nearby Barnet postcodes in N10 and N11.
Haringey is working with Public Health England (PHE) and the Department of Health and Social Care to carry out a localised testing programme in the specific parts of the N10 and N11 postcode areas.
Haringey and Barnet Council are working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace to provide testing to residents in selected postcodes in N10 and N11.
Click HERE to find out whether your address is in the HARINGEY enhanced testing area.
Click HERE for information for the BARNET area.
To see if it has spread to the community and to help control the virus, all local people aged 16 and over are being invited to get tested. Teams are coming to residents’ doors in the affected area to offer free test kits. And free testing is available at Mobile Testing Units (MTU) at
- Summerland Gardens Car Park (M&S carpark behind broadway), Muswell Hill, London N10 3QN (from 8:30am to 3pm).
- St Peter Le Poer Church (Car Park), Albion Ave, London N10 1AQ
- Power League Barnet (Car Park), Trott Road, Off Colney Hatch Ln, Friern Barnet, London N10 1ST
Targeted testing began on Saturday 20th and is planned to last for up to 2 weeks. To ensure our enhanced testing is delivered as safe as possible the testing teams will:
- wear Haringey printed high visibility vests
- have ID stating they are working on behalf of Haringey
- wear appropriate PPE
- maintain a safe distance
- help you as much as possible in explaining your test and registering it
They will not ask:
- ask you for your personal details
- you to pay for anything, or
- require access to your property.
If you are concerned the person visiting your home is not from Haringey Council, you can call Connected Communities on 020 8489 4431 for confirmation.